So it's week #3 of the blogging and here is what I have gotten out of last weeks presentation. Alec Corous was our guest presenter from Regina I believe and we used the website called elluminate. This allowed everyone in class to hear what he was saying and see whatever it was that he wanted us to see on our computers. It also allowed everyone to share their opinions via the discussion panel. This I thought was pretty cool because it let everyone in the class have their chance to share their thoughts and ask questions right away. This would be something pretty cool to use in the classroom, if you had to use computers, because then you could ensure that the students are at least getting all of the information. They may not read it but at least they were given it. Plus it allows the students to try things out on their own rather than having to watch you perform the actions on a large screen and them have to write the steps down.
Alec also showed us some websites and slideshows that I thought were interesting. The one website on slideshows was very useful as this will allow new teachers to find information that they can use in the classroom from this site.
But I think that is about it for now, until next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree. Elluminate would be a great application to use in teaching...as long as your students could be mature enough to focus on the presentation rather than making unrelated comments such as "pants on the ground" in the chat. But rather than having the teacher use it to teach their own class, I think it would be really cool if your class put together a presentation that they then shared with another class (in another city, province or country) that was working on a similar topic. I think students take a lot more pride in their work when they share it with their peers. May be a good motivator...
ReplyDeleteJoaney
Chad, that was an awesome presentation. I liked Dr. Couros intro. to the class, like when he showed us the priceless picture of him jumping onto his couch. That video of the guy using baby oil or shampoo to blow bubbles was hilarious. When he showed us these videos I thought, "man are we in for a treat" yeah? Glad you enjoyed it too.
ReplyDelete