Gus

Monday, January 18, 2010

Post #2

Hello again,
Alright, so last week we had the presenter John Evans and his take on PLN's and all sorts of stuff. I thought that his presentation was good and stimulated a lot of interest in various areas. The two things that stuck in my mind were twitter and the google reader. For some reason twitter has been stuck in my head and I started wondering why it is such a hit with people. From my perspective, it is just a glorified status update similar to that of facebook. I don't know about everyone else, but I really don't care what some celebrity or one of my friends had for supper. And google reader is an incredible resource. I was somewhat skeptical about it but once Mr. Evans showed us some of the capabilities it has I realized that this is something that I can use everyday. It makes everything just that little bit easier which can releive some of the stress of refinding everything on the internet. Well thats about it for now, until next week.

Chad

2 comments:

  1. Chad. I hope this works. Do you have a Twitter account? Do you feel confident in your PLN? I totally agree with you on the celebrity thing. I could care less what celebrities do every minute of the day. I really liked presentation. I got a lot out of it and learned a lot of new sites to use. Anyway I hope this works buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chadwick, I hate to admit it but I think I’m a fan of twitter..call me a twit if you like..sorry about that. I'll admit that I hated it with a passion when I first started hearing about it. I just thought it was a way for people to discuss the most boring parts of their day as if others really need to know. I get enough of that with facebook...and I agree with you and Kelsey about the celebrity aspect of it too. I think that some people just want to feel like they are somehow connected to someone famous..pretty lame if you ask me. Anyway, what I do like about twitter is how I could be the only math teacher in the entire school when I get my first job, but can still have hundreds or thousands of colleagues to discuss ideas with. There are so many resources out there, but you just have to find them, and I like how social networking sites allow you to have quicker access to these different methods or ideas. That's about it for me considering this comment is probably longer than my learning logs for Peden. Later.

    ReplyDelete