First Up,
Cyberbullying with Jenna-Lee, Cote, Tannis, Laura and Durga. This is a very controversial subject with many of us and schools. It is very interesting to see the different perspectives of everyone in the class. Personally, I think that this can be a very large problem in schools. I would like to see schools, maybe not taking a step back, but remain neutral for a bit with technology. I think that students need to get away from the technology and re-charge their creative juices. But that may just be me because I did not grow up with a lot of techonology.
Next we had Joaney, Katie and Steve. The history of the internet. I found the history part to be very interesting. It was cool to see how the internet has progressed from a minor project to a world wide phenomenom. Now the internet is everywhere, on your, on your ipod, in your home and at school. It's funny how something that seemed so trivial is now in almost every home across the world.
Kelsey, Dan, Justin, Silver Surfer. Filtering. Ya. Kind of funny how the word combinations can distract students. Filtering can be very useful as they have put out. But you can be filtering some of things that you don't want to be. Also they pointed out, the filters are easy to get around for students. Anyone with some technology background can get around these roadblocks. Someone will have to find a better way to filter or monitor the inappropriate sites that students are going on. Some of the other students had some pretty cool experiences with filters and non-filters. Intersting to hear them all.
Well that's all for this week. Until next time, Keep you stick on the ice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Find a Way....
ReplyDeleteFiltering needs some serious evaluating. I think your right someone needs to find a better way. I think we are going to make a decision if we are going to filter or not. Hope our schools are on-board
I like the re-charging idea Chad. I think with all the advances in technology we as educators need to slow it down a bit and properly educate their students in the proper use of technology and the risks of abusing people through technology.
ReplyDeleteCyber Bullying is a huge issue these days. I agree with you Chad that schools have to take a different approach to it. I was rasied with lots of technology and my parents made me aware of bullying even though it was not as common as it is now. But kids need to understand it and they have to be taught at a young age so they understand the seriousness of it.
ReplyDelete